Sunday 11 October 2009

No 5 PREVIOUS WORK AND STARTING TO STRIP

It is obvious looking at the playfield that another has attempted repairs and have covered the board with Diamond Seal or similar.


This sealer as applied on top of "planked" paintwork which has 'fixed' the cracking.

To remove this and touch up the "planking" present would effectively means re-painting the entire playfield. If I were Mr. Constantino it would net bother me but as I am poor at painting I will only concentrate on the wear and associated works.


So I have commenced the strip down.


This is quite straight forward but one great tip for removing the light plastics from the field is to use a socket t as a punch or drift . Select the correct size and punch gently with a hammer. You can heat these plastics first with a hairdrier to ease the removal.
The 'MYLAR' protection came of easily with a little petroleum to dissolve the adhesive.
Once I have removed all the bits I will look at cleaning the playfield

No comments:

Post a Comment