Saturday 10 October 2009

No 1 WELCOME TO MY BLOG


Hi welcome to this blog thanks for dropping by.
This will chronicle my renovation of a Williams Flash Pin table

My friend gave me a pinball table knowing that I have some already and I am interested in them.

It is a Williams Flash table from 1979 and was the first unit manufactured with the ability to play more than one sound simultaneously. This was ground breaking....honestly.

The background electronic sound gave a building hum depending on the score and this was exciting for the day.

This machine is VERY sad and I was going to dump this on EBAY for spares however, this table reminded me of my days as a boy playing FLASH machine and the excitement these electronic marvels gave pre XBOX.

I know I could buy one cheaper but I am going to renovate this table it is a big job as I am a renovation 'virgin' and this is a shabby example.

The driver board is missing there is signs of burning on the MPU it has damp signs on the cabinet the playfield is disgraceful with EXTREME ball wear everywhere. (Look at photo 1 and you can see wear from 8'away!!).

Winter is on its way and the clocks go back in two weeks meaning dark nights so I will give it ago and even if it goes terribly wrong I can still flog this on EBAY!

I will update will my progress with loads of pics and conclusions hopefully to give any one thinking of trying any project but nervous, confidence that steady careful works can achieve great goals.....or end in absolute diaster.



No comments:

Post a Comment